Enterprise Sales Manager (US Government)
Overleaf is a mission-led organization that builds modern collaborative authoring tools for scientists, engineers, technical professionals and students — like Google Docs for Research. Our primary product is an online, real-time collaborative editor for papers, theses, technical reports and other documents written in the LaTeX markup language.
Overleaf has seen rapid adoption across science and research, and now supports a community of over eleven million users worldwide. This community includes major institutions such as Stanford, Caltech, and CERN with Overleaf becoming an integral part of research collaborations. Many government agencies and contractors, international tech, finance and engineering companies use our enterprise solutions, and we work with several major publishers: for example, supporting collaboration on IEEE’s member platform, and making the journal submission process smoother for LaTeX users across many academic publishers. Our vision is to be the go-to place for writing scientific and technical documents.
Overleaf was founded by two mathematicians who were inspired by their own experiences in academia to create a better solution for scientific collaboration and communication. Now we are a team of about sixty based mainly in the UK, Europe, the US and Canada. We were recently recognised as one of the UK's top 100 fastest growing businesses and as the Best SaaS for Nonprofits or Education in the 2020 SaaS Awards Program.
We are a part of Digital Science and we are advancing the research ecosystem.
We are a pioneering technology company, and our vision is of a future where a trusted and collaborative research ecosystem drives progress for all. We believe in better, open, collaborative and inclusive research. In creating the next generation of tools and working in partnership with the community we tackle some of the biggest challenges to research. In order to achieve our vision, we need innovative, inspiring and dynamic people to join our team. Want to join us?
Overleaf is well-loved by its user base and community — a community which has rapidly grown to over eleven million users worldwide. We are looking to bring a talented, experienced individual into the organization who will take responsibility for continuing and expanding Overleaf’s B2B Scientific and Research Enterprise Sales with a primary focus on government organizations who need to write research, documentation, proposals, etc which include scientific, engineering or other hard sciences language.
This is a remote, full-time role, ideally based in the Eastern time zone of the US, and we'd love to hear from candidates with experience selling to US federal government, government agencies and government contractors who have moved into sales.
How we work
Overleaf is remote-first — all founders and staff work remotely. Our main office is located in London, UK, and we aim to get the whole team together in London a couple of times a year for face-to-face time, Coronavirus permitting.
We encourage flexible working. Our core hours are 9am–12 noon EST.
Your new role
We are looking for an Enterprise Sales Manager (government focus) to join our growing global team. The Enterprise Sales Manager role is a customer-facing position responsible for a range of government organization sales and lead generation activities for the Overleaf business.
You’ll work to develop and implement your sales strategy, developing opportunities for growth through lead generation and management, and provide sales presentations & demonstrations to help close opportunities. Through your solutions based conversations, you’ll work closely with clients to develop your understanding of their needs and deliver proposals and contracts to address this. You’ll also work closely with marketing to generate the necessary sales collateral for client meetings and presentations.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with the Enterprise Sales Director to help develop an Enterprise - government organization sales strategy for your assigned region;
- Actively seeking out new sales opportunities & leads to grow the existing pipeline;
- Following up & qualifying enterprise - government organization leads (from website, events, lists, etc.);
- Providing sales presentations and demonstrations to close opportunities;
- Developing and delivering proposals to negotiate the lead through to completion;
- Preparing contracts and documentation for closure;
- Keeping all records and CRM details updated;
- Delivering sales updates to the commercial team;
- Collaborating with internal teams to achieve results and provide customer feedback
- Attending industry events and delivering speaking sessions at industry conferences and events (Coronavirus permitting).
What you’ll bring to the role
- Previous experience in US government sales (preferably SaaS)
- A self-motivated individual, you display a high level of independent judgement and decision-making;
- We’d love to hear from engineers and scientists who have moved into sales, ideally SaaS or solutions-based;
- You have a demonstrable sales history where you have met or exceeded performance targets;
- You have a working knowledge of lead generation, pipeline management, and driving opportunities from prospect through to closure;
- You have successfully built and managed complex customer relationships;
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software is required, Salesforce preferred;
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are able to communicate your message to a wide audience and ensure understanding;
- You are curious and able to get to the core of what the customer wants, in order to deliver the right solution;
- Whilst you like to be part of a team, you’re self-motivated and thrive in an environment which is remote, agile and leads you to deliver client results;
- You’re a natural relationship builder and excel in building and growing relationships with both customers and colleagues through your integrity and approach;
- You have excellent time management, organizational, and project management skills;
- Experience with virtualisation technology (including Docker) would be advantageous, but is not essential;
- You are based in the USA in the EST time zone and are available for our core business hours which are 9am–12 noon EST.
Living our Values
We invest in, nurture and support innovative businesses and technologies that make all parts of the research process more open, efficient and effective.
The talent we secure is fundamental to us achieving our vision and our growth plans. The values we live by are:
We are brave in the pursuit of better
We are collaborative and inclusive
We are always open-minded
We are from and for the community
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Please note that, in light of vaccination mandates for US Government contractors, Digital Science requires that all US-based employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to approved accommodations.
About Digital Science
Digital Science is a technology company working to make research more efficient.
We invest in, nurture and support innovative businesses and technologies that make all parts of the research process more open and effective.
Our portfolio includes admired brands including Altmetric, Anywhere Access, Dimensions, Figshare, ReadCube, Symplectic, IFI Claims, GRID, Ripeta, Writefull, Gigantum and Overleaf.
We believe that together, we can help researchers make a difference.
Please note that we use Pinpoint for managing our open roles; by clicking above you'll be taken to Pinpoint to apply.